1. Krebs NF, Gao D, Gralla J, Collins JS, Johnson SL. Efficacy and Safety of a High Protein, Low Carbohydrate Diet for Weight Loss in Severely Obese Adolescents. The Journal of pediatrics. 2010;157(2):252-258. doi:10.1016/j.jpeds.2010.02.010.
2. Grant D Brinkworth, Manny Noakes, Jonathan D Buckley, Jennifer B Keogh, Peter M Clifton; Long-term effects of a very-low-carbohydrate weight loss diet compared with an isocaloric low-fat diet after 12 mo, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 90, Issue 1, 1 July 2009, Pages 23–32, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.2008.27326
3. Volek, J.S., Phinney, S.D., Forsythe, C.E. et al. Lipids (2009) 44: 297. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11745-008-3274-2
4. Jeannie Tay, Grant D. Brinkworth, Manny Noakes, Jennifer Keogh, Peter M. Clifton, Metabolic Effects of Weight Loss on a Very-Low-Carbohydrate Diet Compared With an Isocaloric High-Carbohydrate Diet in Abdominally Obese Subjects, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Volume 51, Issue 1, 2008, Pages 59-67, ISSN 0735-1097, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2007.08.050.
5. Jennifer B Keogh, Grant D Brinkworth, Manny Noakes, Damien P Belobrajdic, Jonathan D Buckley, Peter M Clifton; Effects of weight loss from a very-low-carbohydrate diet on endothelial function and markers of cardiovascular disease risk in subjects with abdominal obesity, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 87, Issue 3, 1 March 2008, Pages 567–576, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/87.3.567
6. Iris Shai, R.D., Ph.D., Dan Schwarzfuchs, M.D., Yaakov Henkin, M.D., Danit R. Shahar, R.D., Ph.D., et al. Weight Loss with a Low-Carbohydrate, Mediterranean, or Low-Fat Diet. N Engl J Med 2008; 359:229-241. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa0708681.
7. Dyson, P. A., Beatty, S. and Matthews, D. R. (2007), A low‐carbohydrate diet is more effective in reducing body weight than healthy eating in both diabetic and non‐diabetic subjects. Diabetic Medicine, 24: 1430-1435. doi:10.1111/j.1464-5491.2007.02290.x
8. Angela K Halyburton, Grant D Brinkworth, Carlene J Wilson, Manny Noakes, Jonathan D Buckley, Jennifer B Keogh, Peter M Clifton; Low- and high-carbohydrate weight-loss diets have similar effects on mood but not cognitive performance, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 86, Issue 3, 1 September 2007, Pages 580–587, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/86.3.580
9. Gardner CD, Kiazand A, Alhassan S, et al. Comparison of the Atkins, Zone, Ornish, and LEARN Diets for Change in Weight and Related Risk Factors Among Overweight Premenopausal WomenThe A TO Z Weight Loss Study: A Randomized Trial. JAMA. 2007;297(9):969–977. doi:10.1001/jama.297.9.969
10. Sharon M. Nickols-Richardson, Mary Dean Coleman, Joanne J. Volpe, Kathy W. Hosig, Perceived Hunger Is Lower and Weight Loss Is Greater in Overweight Premenopausal Women Consuming a Low-Carbohydrate/High-Protein vs High-Carbohydrate/Low-Fat Diet, Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 105, Issue 9, 2005, Pages 1433-1437, ISSN 0002-8223, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2005.06.025.
11. Kelly A. Meckling, Caitriona O’Sullivan, Dayna Saari; Comparison of a Low-Fat Diet to a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss, Body Composition, and Risk Factors for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease in Free-Living, Overweight Men and Women, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 89, Issue 6, 1 June 2004, Pages 2717–2723, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2003-031606
12. Aude YW, Agatston AS, Lopez-Jimenez F, et al. The National Cholesterol Education Program Diet vs a Diet Lower in Carbohydrates and Higher in Protein and Monounsaturated FatA Randomized Trial. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164(19):2141–2146. doi:10.1001/archinte.164.19.2141
13. Bonnie J. Brehm, Randy J. Seeley, Stephen R. Daniels, David A. D’Alessio; A Randomized Trial Comparing a Very Low Carbohydrate Diet and a Calorie-Restricted Low Fat Diet on Body Weight and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Healthy Women, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 88, Issue 4, 1 April 2003, Pages 1617–1623, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2002-021480
14. Stephen B. Sondike, Nancy Copperman, Marc S. Jacobson, Effects of a low-carbohydrate diet on weight loss and cardiovascular risk factor in overweight adolescents, The Journal of Pediatrics, Volume 142, Issue 3, 2003, Pages 253-258, ISSN 0022-3476, https://doi.org/10.1067/mpd.2003.4.
15. Frederick F. Samaha, M.D., Nayyar Iqbal, M.D., Prakash Seshadri, M.D., Kathryn L. Chicano, C.R.N.P., et al. A Low-Carbohydrate as Compared with a Low-Fat Diet in Severe Obesity. N Engl J Med 2003; 348:2074-2081. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa022637
16. Gary D. Foster, Ph.D., Holly R. Wyatt, M.D., James O. Hill, Ph.D., Brian G. McGuckin, Ed.M., et al. A Randomized Trial of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet for Obesity. N Engl J Med 2003; 348:2082-2090 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa022207
17. Guldbrand, H., Dizdar, B., Bunjaku, B. et al. Diabetologia (2012) 55: 2118. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-012-2567-4
18. Westman EC, Yancy WS, Mavropoulos JC, Marquart M, McDuffie JR. The effect of a low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet versus a low-glycemic index diet on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2008;5:36. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-5-36.
19. Daly, M. E., Paisey, R. , Paisey, R. , Millward, B. A., Eccles, C. , Williams, K. , Hammersley, S. , MacLeod, K. M. and Gale, T. J. (2006), Short‐term effects of severe dietary carbohydrate‐restriction advice in Type 2 diabetes—a randomized controlled trial. Diabetic Medicine, 23: 15-20. doi:10.1111/j.1464-5491.2005.01760.x